Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Mosaic Literary Conference





Mosaic Literary Conference
So, yesterday, I was in NY for the Mosaic Literary Conference hosted by the Literary Freedom Project and Mosaic Books. I presented last year when it was the Re:Verse Literary Conference & Festival and was honored to be selected to be a part of this important conference again. The Mosaic Literary Conference gathers educators-- mostly from the Bronx area in NY-- and shares ideas on how to connect youth to literature and inspire life-long readers. I presented a workshop about how Story Quilting has worked for me for the past few years as a tool to connect students-- from emerging readers to relunctant readers regardless of age-- to literature through art. Above are some photos from my workshop. The group of six women in my workshop were wonderful.

1 comment:

Ananda said...

WOW. How AMAZING Moon! I love the new design of your blog. Lovely.

Sociable

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...