Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Songwriter's Soul Kitchen w/Vinx in GA

So, during my labor day weekend, I traveled to McCrae, GA to participate in the Songwriter's Soul Kitchen retreat.

Led by international jazz soul singer Vinx, the retreat is intended to guide songwriters through activities that encourage creating song magic. It was a pleasure meeting author and former talk show host Bertice Berry during the retreat. She is working on projects to help folks heal and grow spiritually. Other participants included the singer Heston and other performers who have varied degrees of songwriting experience. In down times, I was able to write privately, working on pieces for my upcoming CD and the upcoming season of the Saartjie Project.

1 comment:

Ananda said...

So glad you were able to go and create your wonderful work. Looking forward to your CD and the next work with TSP. Love the photos. I have loved Vinx since the 80s. He is featured in my novel too.

Sociable

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...