Friday, November 5, 2010

SoulBounce Wins a 2010 Soul Train Award

This past January, I started writing as a contributing editor for the music site SoulBounce.com. The SoulBounce gig was something to do to keep my arts writing skills fresh as I transitioned from my four year gig as arts columnist for the Washington DC-based East of the River newspaper (wanted to do something different-- still have love for EOR...wasn't fired, lol). I didn't realize how much of a big-deal Soulbounce was until I joined the team and within my first week, my post on Donnie Simpson leaving WPGC was picked up and linked by the Washington Post Express blog. Later, a post I did, reviewing the free Stevie Wonder concert at the Verizon Center was commented on by the owner of the Verizon center who produced the concert and other articles I've written have seen comments and incited discourse that I hadn't seen before writing mostly for print media and blogging at leisure. Also, while my articles for Examiner.com as the DC Community Examiner have frequent trolls and occasional posts usually written in ire, it was nice taking a break from writing news and being a music blogger for a site with dedicated regulars who like to discuss their love for new and substantive music.

I am grateful to be part of the SoulBounce team which consists of four other contributing writers and the Editor-in-Chief Kimberly "Butta" Hines and Creative Director Sary "huny" Young who co-own the site. We were notified yesterday that we won a 2010 Soul Train Award for Best Music Site (tying with the music site Singersroom.com) which comes less than three months after winning a 2010 Black Weblog Award. Now, that's awesome. Thanks to those of you who follow me on Twitter and cast a vote for SoulBounce when I announced that voting had begun. You rock! I probably won't be joining Butta and Huny in Atlanta to accept the award during next week's taping of the award show, but I will definitely be basking in the afterglow of part of the winning team. You can read my articles for SoulBounce at .http://soulbounce.com/soul/moon/

No comments:

Sociable

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...