Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Sweet Honey Girl

So, I realized recently, upon returning from Chicago, that my most favorite travel buddy is Khari, my 7 year-old. Perhaps its because she shares this incredibly mature yet youthful view of traveling ("I love seeing new things, Mommy") or because I just prefer her with me rather than away from me, but, whatever it is, the kid is the best person I've ever traveled with. As I plan for a trip to NY again  for the annual Mosaic Literary Conference that I've been blessed to have been selected to present at again, for the third year in a row, I've been racking my brain on how to take her with me and may kick it in NYC again like we did during the BlogHer conference. But, alas, as of this writing, hotels in NY are booked out the wazoo, the hostels that have availability don't allow kids and I'm just not feeling staying in NJ for such a short trip-- commute will cut into fun time. Oh well. Looking like my little honey girl will be staying home with dad and I think I will be Mega Bus-ing it alone again this year. So, I guess I just need to save my pennies so me and the kid can do LA or maybe Chicago again, but, this time, together. We may even convince her dad, who does not dig travel to the degree that we do, to tag along. We'll see.

Here are some shots I took of my princess with my iPhone and edited with the Photoshop app. I love them, so I thought I'd share.








No comments:

Sociable

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...