Friday, June 11, 2010

A Month Away From Here. I Missed You

Wow. I haven't updated this space in a month-- where has the time gone!

Well, to say the least, I've been busy. Good busy. Been rehearsing for my upcoming play and the work that the actresses are putting in is phenomenal. I was truly blessed to have these women as a part of this project. Check us out this month during events where we are promoting the play Running: AMOK which debuts in July. I'm hosting both and we are going to have a ball!




I was really bummed that I didn't make it to the Pedagogy and Theater of the Oppressed conference last week, but it was due to prioritizing. I was scheduled to do a workshop but wasn't able to afford the trip. Money had to put on production for the play (mics, advertising) as well as a trip we are going on tomorrow to celebrate my spouse's birthday. The flight out to Texas plus the hotel stay would have been too much for me to spend just for myself right now. Family first. Unlike other speaking engagements and workshops, facilitating at PTO would not have garnered any money but would have required a whole lot of it.
Maybe next year! Here is some great footage from what I missed at the conference this year.


I am happy to be part of the team promoting this event by the Ward 7 Arts Collaborative of DC & the Washington National Opera. Check it out if you are in DC next weekend:


No comments:

Sociable

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...