The Mosaic Literary Conference





Mosaic Literary Conference
So, yesterday, I was in NY for the Mosaic Literary Conference hosted by the Literary Freedom Project and Mosaic Books. I presented last year when it was the Re:Verse Literary Conference & Festival and was honored to be selected to be a part of this important conference again. The Mosaic Literary Conference gathers educators-- mostly from the Bronx area in NY-- and shares ideas on how to connect youth to literature and inspire life-long readers. I presented a workshop about how Story Quilting has worked for me for the past few years as a tool to connect students-- from emerging readers to relunctant readers regardless of age-- to literature through art. Above are some photos from my workshop. The group of six women in my workshop were wonderful.

Comments

Ananda said…
WOW. How AMAZING Moon! I love the new design of your blog. Lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

No Stomachs Were Hurt in the Making of this Meal

Why Judy Blume Was In My Head

Heading to Texas for Pedagogy & Theater of the Oppressed Conference