Saturday, February 5, 2011

Not a So Long, Just a See Ya Later: My Personal Blog Hiatus

This week was terrible and awesome all at once. Life works that way often, it seems. Some of the awesome the greeted me this week was being recognized by eMedia as a "Woman of Power". The recognition ceremony was held this past Thursday at Eden's Lounge in Baltimore, MD and my wonderful spouse, good friend and cast mate Quineice were there to cheer me on. The wonderful Shani Elliot, a local writer and online radio host, I learned, nominated me for the recognition. I was so honored by this and told her so. Women uplifting other women is a beautiful thing. Here are some shots from that evening:

Photographer Stevie Robinson took this shot of me accepting my award

ERIC STEWART AND WOMEN OF POWER 2.3.11:
Patricia Fitzhugh, Khadijah Ali-Coleman, LaShella Miller, Wendy McIntyre, Dr. Monifa Jackson, Tarsha Beaver and Genevieve Wilson


My sweetie came out to support

My good friend Quineice was in the house!

This shot is funny. I have no idea who that man is.

Writers Jaye Hunnie and Shanit Elliot on one side and my girl Quineice on the other!

Taking a Break

So, I'm going to be taking a break from this blog for a while. I have some wonderful things cooking up and will be devoting more time now to putting my book together that I want to release this year. With every intention, I've tried to stay at the same level of activity and do the book, but, I realize that cutting back is crucial. I will be updating my other sites for my play and my professional work, so please be sure to visit them regularly-- or subscribe to receive email updates-- to get alerts on upcoming workshops and performances. I have one of each coming up in March!

Share with you soon!

No comments:

Sociable

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...