Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Day in DC Advocating & Sight-Seeing

Today, I took my daughter with me today to participate in Arts Advocacy Day in Washington DC. We spoke with Ward 7 council member Yvette Alexander's chief of staff for quite a length of time about our ideas on arts legislation and funding. It was a wonderful dialogue and inspired my business partner and I to pursue meetings with other council members who chair committees and have actual decision making power. The share of government, foundation and corporate funding being directed to the arts in DC is in an unmistakable decline. Between 1998 and 2007, the percentage of foundation funding directed to the arts decreased from 14.8 to 10.6 percent. The corporate giving share to the arts decreased from 10.3 to 4.6 percent during the same period. Read More HERE

After advocating for the arts, my mini me and I did the tour of DC, walking along the numbered blocks taking in the architecture as we made our way to the Smithsonian museums.








Today was a great day!




No comments:

Sociable

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...