Thursday, October 1, 2009

Been Following the Artist Way

So, I think I mentioned earlier that I've been reading the book the Artist Way by Julia Cameron. I've been so amazed with how it affirms the artist life I've taken on this past year. One component of the book has an activity called the Morning Papers which has been very cathartic for me. It's essentially a journaling activity but it is something she encourages you to do, writing up to three pages and then putting away and not looking at until at least eight weeks later. All the censoring thoughts, ego filled feelings and opinions and just overall garbage with good too can come out because its a stream of consciousness activity, really. Man, oh, man. The things I've been holding onto.

Not really being a blocked creative, I didn't think that I was going to have difficulty doing the morning papers. But, there was some initial hesitancy with just keeping it real with myself. I skipped yesterday too. While on Monday a few things I was able to release, today was a flood. I was still thinking of things as I dropped off my daughter at school, but some breakthroughs really surfaced. I have decided I want to introduce this component into my playcations that start this month.

Happy October!

No comments:

Sociable

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...